The sporty and darkly sophisticated Imperiale Chrono All Black is a mysterious and versatile beauty equally suited to glamorous evening wear as to a spur of the moment spin in an open-top sports car.
When the codes of contemporary elegance echo the grandeur of historical Empires, a true classic begins to take shape. Born in the 1990s and entirely redesigned in 2010, the Imperiale collection by Chopard now welcomes a sporty and ultra-sophisticated all-black self-winding chronograph named.
The all-black face of the Imperiale Chrono All Black features shimmering light effects. Each surface of its dial and indicators has been carefully chosen to create optimal readability while maintaining its elegantly understated monochrome look. Adding a particularly sophisticated touch, the diamond-set bezel creates a dramatic and striking contrast that makes this new Imperiale even more tantalisingly hard to classify, mid-way between glamorous chic and dynamic sportiness.
A wealth of details
The lines of the Imperiale Chrono All Black maintain the collection’s characteristic signature details, subtly alluding to the finest hours of the imperial age. These include the Roman numerals punctuating a dial delicately adorned with arabesque motifs and reminiscent of the embroidered cushions that monarchs used to adorn with their insignia. The exquisitely curved profile of the hands evokes the tapered daggers sovereigns used in combat.
The lotus flower-inspired crown set with an onyx is fitted on a case middle with pared-down sides making the model both lighter and more luminous. The shape of the lugs reflects the tradition of ancient columns that have remained famous for their perfectly balanced proportions.
Like the case, the bracelet of the Imperiale Chrono All Black is machined from the finest steel in the Chopard workshops, and then treated to a DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating that gives it a distinctive shiny black finish. An alternate version of the Imperiale Chrono All Black is also available with a black rubber strap. This 40 mm watch driven by a mechanical self-winding movement is water-resistant to 50 metres.
• Steel with DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating
•Total diameter: 40.00 mm
• Thickness: 10.9 mm
• Water resistance: 50 m
• DLC-coated steel crown set with an onyx 5.50 mm
• DLC-coated steel bezel polished or set with diamonds
• Glareproofed sapphire crystal
• Solid DLC-coated steel case-back
• Mechanical self-winding movement
• Diameter: 28.60 mm
• Thickness: 6.10 mm
• Number of jewels: 37
• Frequency: 28,800 vph (4Hz)
• Power reserve: 42 hours
Dial and hands:
• Black dial with black counters
• Metallic black openworked hour and minute hands
• Metallic black sweep seconds hand
• Metallic black counter hands
• Metallic black counters
Functions and displays:
• Central display of the hour, minute and sweep seconds
• Small seconds at 3 o’clock
• Chronograph: 30-minute counter at 9 o’clock and 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock
• Date at 4.30
Strap and buckle:
• DLC coated steel bracelet or black rubber strap
• DLC coated steel deployant buckle
Ref. 388549-3007 – In DLC-coated steel with black rubber strap
Ref. 388549-3006 – In DLC-coated steel with diamond-set bezel