By Jovan Krstevski
The new Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Supercharged is a powerful and bold watch, but the most immediate is that the case of 48 mm diameter is not suitable for all wrist’s out there.
Clearly sporty lines and legibility of the dial is an example for each of the features offered: central hands and diamond hour minutes, faceted and luminescent, small seconds at 9 o’clock, Central Chronograph treadmill; counter 12 hours at 6 o’clock, 30-minute counter at 12 o’clock and date window at 3 o’clock.
As you can see from the pictures, the new watch from Maurice Lacroix will come in steel (with red trim) but also have a PVD black version (with yellow trim). The colour scheme can be seen in some areas of the field and components, as well as in the stitching of the perforated leather/textile strap.
In addition, the inner rotating bezel, which controls the time and is patented under the name of “elapsed time controller”, is adjusted by the crown located at 2 o’clock.
The Pontos S Supercharge is water resistant to 200 meters, inside we find the ML140 caliber, which is a custom ETA Valgranges (rhodium, ornate pearl and straight Côtes de Genève motif). mauricelacroix.com
– Ø 48mm, stainless steel case
– Black sanblasted turning scale ring with red or yellow indications
– Vertical brushed middle-case and lugs sides, with polished bezel and facet on lugs
– Engraved case-back
– Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
– Screwed case back
– Water resistance to 200 m / 20 atm
– Black/green sandblasted finish
– Applied circular-brushed counter ring
– Patented “Elapsed Time Controller”
– Applied diamond-cut indexes featuring Superluminova (blue emission)
– All hands diamond cut, faceted, luminescent coating (except sec. hand)
– Second and minute hand matching colour with inner turning scale and Elapsed Time Controller crown system
– Laser-decorated calf leather strap with rubberised leather parts and matching yellow or red stitching
– Stainless steel standard buckle to match case finishing
Automatic movement ML140 (personalised ETA Valgranges)
– Hours and Minutes indicated by central hands
– Small Second at 9 o’clock
– Chronograph seconds indicated by central hand
– 30-minute chronographe counter at 12 o’clock
– 12-hour chronograph counter at 6 o’clock
– Date indicated in an aperture at 3 o’clock
– Vibration: 28,800 alt / h 4Hz
– Power reserve: 46 hours
– Jewels: 25
– Adjustments: 3 positions after full winding and after 24 hours
– Decoration: Rhodium-plated, circula
Jovan Krstevski – Founder, Proprietor & Executive Editor
Watch collector, aficionado and a Event profile in the Swedish nightlife. He launched Watchgeek back in 2011, which is now known as WristReview. He quotes ’WristReview is a site to help people find, explore, discover and enjoy wristwatches. ’ His passion jump started in his early teens, when he was given his first mid-range wristwatch which was an Omega Seamaster. Since then he has always been in love with wristwatches!