Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition
Functional in Flight
Paying tribute to the vital work of the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia, Oris is proud to introduce the Oris Royal Flying Doctor Limited Edition. Limited to 2,000 pieces, the timepiece recognises the excellent work of the RFDS, who provide aero-medical and primary healthcare across Australia.
Starting with a single flight in 1928, the RFDS is now the most comprehensive aero-medical service in the world. Operating a fleet of 61 aircraft, 21 aeromedical bases and five remote primary health care facilities, the RFDS also delivers more than 14,000 health clinics in communities across Australia every year.
In close collaboration with RFDS, Oris has developed the Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition watch. The functional orange pulsation scale on the dial of the watch aids doctors in reading the pulse of patients. The stainless steel screw-in crown at 4 o’clock controls the time settings, while the screw-in crown at 2 o’clock – marked with the silhouette of Australia – operates the inside turning dial ring for the second time zone. This dial ring shows time zone changes of just half an hour, as occurs in Australia. The watch case is made of double domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating for enhanced readability and with a case back including a-through mineral crystal.
The watch is presented in a unique box with a genuine leather business card wallet and a localised card with emergency numbers. Water resistant to 10bar/100 metres, the Oris Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition is a functional timepiece for aviation enthusiasts, inspired by the stylish aesthetics of the Oris Big Crown collection.
Ref. No. 735 7672 4084, Ø 44.00mm
Limited to 2,000 pieces
- Automatic Oris movement Cal. 735, based on Sellita SW 220 with day window at 3 o’clock and date window between 4 and 5 o’clock
- Stainless steel case with double domed sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating on the inside, water resistant to 10 bar / 100m
- Stainless steel screw-in crowns for time setting at 4 o’clock for the operation of the inside turning dial ring for the second time zone at 2 o’clock
- Special engraved case back with « Oris Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition » and engraved limited number, case back mineral crystal with print of the « RFDS » logo
- Black dial with printed Super-LumiNova® numerals and indexes, and pulsation scale in orange
- Black dial ring with imprint of the second time zone and minute scale, Super-LumiNova® triangle on the zero position can be used as a marker
- White/black hand with Super-LumiNova® inlay
- Available with dark brown leather strap with stainless steel buckle or multi-piece stainless steel metal bracelet with folding clasp
- Special box with business card wallet in genuine leather includes an emergency card with local emergency phone numbers.
- Swiss Retail Price CHF 1,750.00 LS / MB 1,950.00
Published by WatchMundi