By Osheen Arakelian
Ulysse Nardin, Five-Time sponsor of the Monaco Yatch Show had introduced the new Limited Edition Monaco LE. Having already established a long prestigious history in the wristwatch world, Ulysse Nardin decided it was time to release the Monaco LE in celebration of their fifth consecutive year as official sponsors of the Monaco Yatch Show.
Measuring in at 43mm in diameter, the Limited Edition Monaco LE is constructed using titanium and stainless steel and houses Ulysse Nardin’s in-house calibre 118 (UN-118) self-winding movement, produced with the revolutionary DiamonSil technology. It also has an impressive 60 hour power reserve indicator date display at 6 o’clock and the UN “quick setting” function for adjusting the date back and forth in a much more simplified manner. The dial is finished in what they call a watery blue (a very apt name right?) colour with an exclusive dial featuring a nautical graphic. The caseback also features engraved and numbered detailing to outline its limited status and has an open case back with sapphire crystal.
Although not a huge change from their already established line of marine watches, the Ulysse Nardin Monaco Limited Edition is a great little nod to those involved in the Monaco Yatch Show and the long established partnership between the 2 brands.
Limited to 100 pieces.
For more info, please visit ulysse-nardin.com
- Caliber UN-118, 13 3⁄4‘’’
- In-house designed movement
- Escapement, patented DIAMonSIL
- Oscillator : patented inertial balance wheel I 10 with silicium hairspring
- 50 jewels
- Approximately 60 h
- Chronometer C.O.S.C with power reserve indicator at 12 o’clock Oversized small seconds and round date window at 6 o’clock Forward and backward date corrector
- Titanium and stainless steel
- Dial with sailing boats motif
- Side plate in stainless steel engraved with the number of the piece
- Screw down security crown
- 43 mm
- 100 m
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Open case back with sapphire crystal
- Rubber strap with two elements in titanium and folding clasp
Osheen Arakelian – Contributing Editor
Drawing on a lifelong love of horology and a more recent introduction to appreciation of fine whisky, Osheen brought the two together with watch & whisky. He is proprietor of the site, which covers everything related to watches and whisky. In between completing a degree in commercial law and supporting a rich social life, he is out and about attending all the latest watch and whisky events Sydney has to offer. His passion has also taken him around Australia attending a number of events and he hopes to continue his career in the watch industry on a more serious level after he graduates. Read his articles here.