By Jovan Krstevski
A Lange & Söhne announced yesterday that they will unveil four new timepieces in the third Watches & Wonders Haute Horlogerie Exhibition in Hong Kong.
The first one out is the new 1815 Chronograph Boutique Edition, which will make your wrist wet. The new entry-level chronograph from the German high-end brand comes in at 39.5mm in an 18k white gold case featuring blue numerals and a pulsometer scale.
A. Lange & Söhne has basically done the same thing with this as the dial from the first iteration of the 1815 Chronograph, which featured a pulsometer scale graduated to 30 pulsations.
The rhodium covered gold hands for the hours and minutes and the blued steel for the chronograph sweep seconds, minute-counter and subsidiary seconds hands draw attention to the argenté-coloured dial.
The see-through caseback shows us the precious Calibre L951.5 which has been slightly modified to have a sleeker look, featuring a flyback chronograph and precise jumping minute counter. The manually wound movement offers more than 60 hours of power reserve and beats at 18,000 vibrations per hours.
The A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Chronograph Ref. 414.026 will be available in only the 15 official A. Lange & Söhne boutiques worldwide.
For more info, please visit alange-soehne.com
- Movement: Lange manufacture calibre L951.5; manually wound, crafted to the most exacting Lange quality standards, decorated and assembled by hand; precision-adjusted in five positions; plates and bridges made of untreated German silver; balance cock engraved by hand. 306 parts. 34 jewels (including 4 in screwed gold chatons). Diameter: 30.6 millimeters; height: 6.1 millimeters
- Oscillator: Shock-resistant balance wheel with eccentric poising weights; balance spring manufactured in-house with a frequency of 18,000 semi-oscillations per hour, precision beat-adjustment system with lateral set screw and whiplash spring.
- Power reserve: 60 hours
- Functions: Time indicated in hours, minutes and subsidiary seconds with stop seconds; flyback chronograph with precisely jumping minute counter; pulsometer scale
- Case: 18k white gold – Diameter: 39.5 millimeters; height: 11.0 millimeters
- Hands: Hours and minutes in rhodiumed gold; seconds, chronometer sweep seconds and minute counter in blued steel
- Strap: Hand-stitched alligator leather strap, dark blue, White-gold prong buckle
JOVAN KRSTEVSKI – FOUNDER, PROPRIETOR & EXECUTIVE EDITOR
Watch collector, aficionado and an Event profile in the Swedish nightlife. He launched Watchgeek back in 2011, which is now known as WristReview and is one of the most widely read watch blogs on the Web. He quotes ’WristReview is a site to help people find, explore, discover and enjoy wristwatches.’ His passion jump started in his early teens when he was given his first mid-range wristwatch which was an Omega Seamaster. Since then he has always been in love with wristwatches! Besides WristReview, he also writes for a number of publications. Read his articles here.