By Jovan Krstevski
In honor of its 250th anniversary, the brand is adding the sophisticated and new Royal TEC1 Tourbillon Chronograph to their collection of tourbillons. They stocked a column-wheel chronograph in the lower part of the dial with a 60-minute counter.
The in-house automatic chronograph movement A&S8305 is really something special. Beating at 28,800 vph and offers a power reserve of 55 hours, this manufacture movement features a high frequency tourbillon at twelve o’clock along with a column-wheel chronograph complication that offers a maximum measure of 60 minutes on a sub dial at six’ o clock. But the highlight of the rotor mechanism is 22K red gold, thanks to a stunningly beautiful hand-engraved and polished beveled edges.
The Arnold & Son Royal TEC1 comes in three versions: an 18K red gold with anthracite dial, a palladium with a silvery white dial, and a limited edition 18K red gold with blue lacquered gluilloché dial (that will be released later). arnoldandson.com
- Calibre: A&S8305
Exclusive Arnold & Son mechanical movement, self-winding, ceramic ball bearing, 30 jewels, diameter 35.00 mm, thickness 8.83 mm, power reserve 55 h, 28’800 vibrations/h
- Functions: hours, minutes, tourbillon, chronograph
- Movement decoration: palladium treated with Haute Horlogerie finishing: hand-chamfered bridges with polished edges, fine circular graining and Côtes de Genève rayonnantes, all chronograph levers are satin-finished with hand-chamfered and polished edges, circular satin-finished wheels, blued screws with bevelled and mirror-polished heads.
Hand-engraved 22-carat red gold skeletonised rotor with brushed surfaces and chamfered polished edges.
- Tourbillon: 18-carat red gold tourbillion-barrette, satin-finished with hand-chamfered and polished edges, tourbillon cage hand-chamfered and mirror-polished bridge
- Dial: anthracite
- Case: 18-carat red gold, diameter 45 mm, cambered sapphire with anti-reflective coating on both sides, case back see-through sapphire, water-resistant to 30 m
- Strap: hand-stitched brown or black alligator leather
- Reference : 1CTAR.G01A.C112R
- Price: $99,050 USD
Jovan Krstevski – Founder, Proprietor & Executive Editor
Watch collector, aficionado and a Event profile in the Swedish nightlife. He launched Watchgeek back in 2011, which is now known as WristReview. He quotes ’WristReview is a site to help people find, explore, discover and enjoy wristwatches. ’ His passion jump started in his early teens, when he was given his first mid-range wristwatch which was an Omega Seamaster. Since then he has always been in love with wristwatches!