Act IV: Hublot presents the most complicated watch in the Senna collection
A symbolic watch: available in King Gold, Titanium or black PVD Titanium, only 41 of each of the three watches presented today will be produced in honour of the Brazilian icon’s 41 victories and 3 championship titles.
Act IV in the long history of friendship that links Hublot and the Senna family, including Ayrton’s sister Viviane: today at the Hublot factory in Switzerland was unveiled the most complicated watch produced by Hublot in the Senna edition. The event was in the presence of her son Bruno, nephew & heir of Ayrton Senna’s family, and Ricardo Guadalupe, CEO of Hublot.
Following on from the phenomenal success of the first Big Bang Senna presented in 2007, the Big Bang Foudroyante Senna presented in Tokyo in 2009 and the King Power Ayrton Senna presented at the São Paulo Grand Prix in 2010 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the driver’s birth, we can now celebrate Ayrton’s 41 victories and 3 championship titles with a super limited edition of 3 models with only 41 pieces each.
Ricardo Guadalupe welcomed Bruno, a professional driver himself who had made the journey especially for the occasion. He was given a tour of the workshops, where he saw the very first MP-06 Senna models in production. He showed considerable interest in the processes, asking the watchmakers technical questions about the design of the watches. This piece, produced in honour of the Brazilian icon, is the most complicated Hublot watch to date.
Bruno Senna said:“We are so proud of having Hublot as one of our long lasting partners and extremely honoured that they chose the SENNA collection to present their new special watch design and technology. Celebrating Ayrton’s victories and titles with such a beautiful and special collection is outstanding.”
Ricardo Guadalupe, CEO of Hublot, completed:« It’s an honour and a privilege to welcome Bruno to our manufacture in Switzerland. He is a fine spokesman for the magnificent work being done in Brazil by his mother Viviane and the entire Senna family. We are delighted that our support, as well as that of many friends and partners, is helping to sustain their commitment to give millions of children the education they need to build a future and a better life. »
Only 3 models with 41 numbered pieces each will be produced – a mark of exclusivity to further strengthen the long-standing relationship between Hublot and the Senna family. As ever, a large part of the sales revenue will go directly to the family.
Stylish and powerful, in King Gold or Titanium or black PVD Titanium, the MP-06 Senna has a tonneau case. Its expertly openworked sapphire dial reveals the manufacture tourbillon movement, which is entirely designed, developed and produced by Hublot’s engineers and watchmakers. 155 components with 5-day power reserve. The Senna brand logo (in yellow, green or red depending on the version) appears as a transfer at 9 o’clock on the sapphire dial. The watch comes in a special Hublot presentation case with a perfect miniature reproduction of Ayrton Senna’s helmet design in 88, 89 and 91.
• 906.NX.0129.VR.AES13 (Senna Titanium, limited edition of 41 pieces)
• 906.OX.0123.VR.AES13 (Senna 18K King Gold, limited edition of 41 pieces)
• 906.ND.0129.VR.AES12 (Senna All Black, limited edition of 41 pieces)
Case: MP-06 – Titanium, 18K King Gold or black PVD Titanium
Crystal: Sapphire with anti-reflective coating
Case-back: Titanium, 18K King Gold or black PVD Titanium with sapphire crystal. Interior anti-reflective coating
Crown: Titanium, 18K King Gold or black PVD Titanium with black rubber insert
Water resistance: 3 ATM, i.e. approx. 30 metres
• Sapphire with rhodium-plated satin-finished indexes and hands, green SuperLuminova™ (titanium version),
• Sapphire with gold satin-finished indexes and hands, red SuperLuminova™ (King Gold 18K version)
• Sapphire with black satin-finished indexes and hands, yellow SuperLuminova™ (All Black version)
• Senna logo transfer at 9 o’clock, green, red or yellow depending on the version
• HUB9006.H1.1 (Titanium and All Black versions)
• HUB9006.H1.8 (18K King Gold version)
• Hand-wound skeleton tourbillon movement produced by the Manufacture
No. of components: 155
Frequency: 3 Hz (21,600 Vib/h)
Power reserve: Approximately 120 hours
Strap: Black perforated Schedoni leather with green, red or yellow decoration depending on the version. Black stitching.
• Black micro-blasted and satin-finished titanium (Titanium version)
• Black micro-blasted and satin-finished King Gold (18K King Gold version)
• Black micro-blasted PVD titanium and black ceramic (All Black version)