Swiss watch manufacturer Oris is the time partner of the Swiss Air Racing team, the only Swiss team taking part at the Reno Air Race. In homage to this partnership Oris is launching a 3rd limited edition series based on the successful BC3 Design.
The Reno Air Races date back to 1964 and showcases the skills of aviators in extremely high performance aircraft. The Swiss Air Racing team first competed at the Reno Air Races in Nevada, USA, in 2010.
Team pilot for the Swiss Air Racing team Don Vito Wypraechtiger was the first Swiss national ever to qualify for this prestigious event. Don Vito placed 2nd in the Reno Gold Race on his first attempt, and narrowly missing out on the same achievement in 2012, when the Swiss Air Racing Team were given the Team of the Year award.
The focal point of the Oris Air Racing Edition III is the red and white zebra print minute hand, inspired by the speed limit indicator of a flight instrument. This unique and clearly visible hand allows the pilot to focus on the minutes indicator, a function which is crucial during a VFR* flight.
The black DLC-coated BC3 case and textile strap make this watch a perfect timepiece for VFR pilots and those for whom the minute hand is the most crucial. The watch is limited to just 1,000 pieces and comes in a special Aviation Box bearing a compass indication on the top.
The Oris Air Racing Edition III is a must have collectors item for anyone with their heart set on conquering the skies.
* Visual Flight Rule Navigation
Ref. No.735 7641 4794, Ø 42 mm
Limited to 1,000 pieces
• Oris Automatic Movement based on SW 220, with day and date window at 6 o’clock.
• Stainless steel case, black DLC coated with engraving of the Oris Air Racing logo on the back, including the limitation number.
• Flat sapphire crystal with inside anti-reflecting coating.
• Stainless steel screw-in crown, black DLC coated with red inlay.
• Black dial with printed Super-LumiNova® indices and figures, day and date indicator.
• Red and white zebra coloured minute hand to facilitate VFR piloting, minute and hour hand filled with white Super-LumiNova® inlay.
• Black textile strap with stainless steel buckle black DLC coated.
• 10 Bar / 100m water resistant.
• Swiss Retail Price CHF 1,500.00