By Jovan Krstevski
Founded in 1937, Jaeger-LeCoultre has grown to become one of the world’s most renowned makers of luxury watches. In the year of its 80th anniversary, Swiss luxury watch brand Jaeger-LeCoultre has designed a new version of its highly popular Grande Reverso Ultra-Thin 1931 timepiece.
Featuring many of the same design aesthetics as the original model, the new Grande Reverso has been augmented by a 7.3mm polished 18-karat pink gold ultra-thin case which incorporates the complex parts of the swivelling mechanism as well as a hand wound movement measuring 2.99mm.
Other notable features include a chocolate-toned dial, gold plated and facetted baton shaped hands, a 45-hour power reserve, and a matte brown cordovan leather strap with a matching pink gold pin buckle.
The new Grande Reverso Ultra-Thin 1931 timepiece is set to make its debut at the prestigious Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH) watch fair in Geneva, Switzerland which takes place this monday.
• Mechanical manually-wound movement, Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 822/2, crafted, assembled and decorated by hand
• 21,600 vibrations per hour
• 19 jewels
• Thickness: 2.95 mm
• 45-hour power reserve
• Hour, minute, small seconds
• Chocolate dial with powdered numerals and hour-markers
• Baton-type, facetted, gold plated
• 18-carat pink gold
• height: 46.8 mm
• width: 27.4 mm
• thickness: 7.3 mm
• Polished finish
• Sapphire crystals
• “1000 Hours Control” indication appearing on the case-back
• Water-resistant to 3 bars
Straps and buckle:
• Matt brown alligator leather 20/18
• 2nd strap: in cordovan leather, crafted by “Casa Fagliano” of Buenos Aires
• pin buckle in 18 carat pink gold
Jovan Krstevski – Founder, Proprietor & Executive Editor
Watch collector, aficionado and a Event profile in the Swedish nightlife. He launched Watchgeek back in 2011, which is now known as WristReview. He quotes ’WristReview is a site to help people find, explore, discover and enjoy wristwatches.’ His passion jump started in his early teens, when he was given his first mid-range wristwatch which was an Omega Seamaster. Since then he has always been in love with wristwatches!