Published by Pierre-Paul Godts
TUDOR Heritage Advisor
This year the TUDOR Heritage Advisor, which was first presented in 2011, features a two-tone dial in shades of velvety black with a modern, contemporary spirit enhancing the strong character of this highly technological watch.
A true expression of TUDOR’s vintage spirit, the Advisor is a modern version of the emblematic 1957 alarm watch. Its movement is equipped with a mechanical alarm clock module, exclusively developed by TUDOR and featuring a perfectly uniform crisp clear sound.
With added modern flair, this timekeeper conserves the original shape and proportions of the middle case, lugs, and bezel, the familiar Dauphine hands and bevelled hour markers, as well as the characteristically shaped red alarm hand.
The case diameter has been increased from 34 mm to 42 mm to suit today’s tastes.
The disc at 3 o’clock indicates the status of the alarm power reserve. The alarm function is activated via a specially shaped pusher at 8 o’clock, and its ON/OFF indicator is displayed in a dial aperture at 9 o’clock. The date is indicated by a hand on the counter at 6 o’clock. The winding crown at 2 o’clock is engraved with the name ADVISOR and is used to set the alarm. The crown at 4 o’clock is delicately decorated with the TUDOR rose from the original dial and is used to access the winding, time-setting and date-changing functions.
The watch is fitted with either a vintage-size satin-finished three-piece link steel bracelet, or an alligator leather strap with a folding clasp and a safety catch.
For an added touch of elegance and refinement, the new Advisor also comes with an additional black fabric strap decorated with raised rows of interwoven satin. This retro chic strap represents the innovative nature of TUDOR. By uniting weaving and watchmaking for the first time, TUDOR showcases a traditional craft and brings a new dimension to the watch, expressing a style that is both unique and exceptionally comfortable to wear.
- Ø 42 mm titanium and steel case with polished and satin finish
- Smooth steel bezel
- Self-winding mechanical movement, TUDOR calibre 2892 with additional mechanism for a mechanical alarm clock, exclusively developed by TUDOR
- Power reserve of approximately 42 hours
- Steel winding crown at 4 o’clock, engraved with the TUDOR rose
- Steel winding crown at 2 o’clock for the alarm function, engraved with ADVISOR
- Steel pusher at 8 o’clock to activate the alarm function
- ON/OFF indicator for the alarm function in an aper ture at 9 o’clock
- Alarm power reserve shown on a disc at 3 o’clock
- Date hand and counter at 6 o’clock
- Domed sapphire crystal
- Waterproof to 100 m (330 ft)
- Steel bracelet or alligator leather strap with folding clasp and safety catch; additional fabric strap with buckle supplied with watch