Published by Pierre-Paul Godts
BR03-51 GMT Carbon
Bell & Ross has always been inspired by aeronautical instrumentation and by the plane as an object. From the first timepieces this has nurtured the development of collections based on two focuses. Firstly, aeronautical instrumentation, specifically that of the instrumentation panel, resulting in the AVIATION Collection. Secondly, the evocation of key eras in the history of aviation, with the development of pilots’ watches in the VINTAGE Collection.
The iconic BR 01 AVIATION collection is inspired by aircraft cockpits and addresses Bell & Ross’s four fundamental principles: legibility, functionality, precision and water-resistance.
In 2013, for the benefit of pilots and frequent travelers, the Bell & Ross designers created the BR03 42mm model with a very useful feature for traveling: a second time zone display.
NEW BR 03-51 GMT CARBON
• Dual Time Zone
• Optimum Legibility
The GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) function displays the time at two points on the globe. On the main dial, the white hands indicate the time in the country you are in, while in the counter at 6 o’clock, the orange hand indicates the time in your home country.
The large white photoluminescent numerals and the orange GMT time hand contrast with the black of the dial for perfect legibility.
The BR 03-51 GMT CARBON is the vital tool for long-haul travelers and the modern man.
- Movement: mechanical automatic Soprod TT651.
- Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, big date at 12 o’clock, second time zone (counter at 6 o’clock).
- Case: 42 mm diameter. Stainless steel, black PVD* finish.
- Dial: black. Hands, index markers and date window covered in a photo-luminescent coating.
- Crystal: anti-reflective sapphire.
- Water-resistance: 100 meters.
- Strap: rubber and black heavy-duty canvas.
- Buckle: pin buckle. Black PVD* finish steel.
*PVD : Physical Vapor Deposition