By Jovan Krstevski
Here is a watch that is vintage and modern at the same time.
The watch is influenced by the watches that were used during WWII bombing raids.
The watch is availble both in stainless steel and in black PVD steel, and is powered by a modified hand-wounded Unitas 6498 caliber. The movement is visible through the open caseback, and comes in elaborated version. That comes in hand when the watch has a full-width open caseback.
The minute hands, is centrally located, while the hours and seconds can be read from the two sub-dials which are established at the bi-polar points of the dial in traditional fashion. The Radium SuperLuminova of the hands and indexes adds to the WWII feel of the watches as does the aviation theme of the over-sized crown and the neat vintage leather strap.
Nicely done Christopher Ward!
- Swiss made
- Bespoke Unitas 6498 hand-wound mechanical regulator
- 40 hour power reserve
- Central continuous minute hand with separate 12 hour minute and 60 seconds sub-dials operated through central crown function
- Highly decorated Cote de Geneve movement finish
- Hand-finished, surgical grade, stainless steel case and crown
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Metal, one-piece 6-12 bi-compax dial
- SuperLuminovaTM Old Radium indexes with green emission
- Screw-down transparent case back
- Individually engraved serial number
- Vintage leather strap with Bader deployment
- Luxury presentation case and owner’s handbook
- Diameter: 44mm
- Calibre: Unitas 6498 (Mod.)
- Vibrations: 18,000 per hour
- Case: 316L Stainless steel
- Height: 11.0mm
- Weight: 109g
- Water Resistance: 5 atm/50 metres
- Strap: 22mm Vintage leather