By Jovan Krstevski
It is a busy house at Christopher Ward!
They are pumping out new models like never before, which is a good thing for them ofcourse.
Two weeks ago they unveiled their brand new C9 Jumping Hour Mk II, and now the C900 Worldtimer, which was done in association with watchmaker Johannes Jahnke.
What is so special about this particular ‘GMT’ watch?
The ‘GMT’ feature can be complicated to use on most of the watches that has this feature, but Christopher Ward takes it to a whole new level of simplicity with their new C900 Worldtimer. This is one of the most easy to use ‘GMT’ watch…
The Christopher Ward Design Team, has convinced me and surely many others out there, with this very detailed, multilayer dial. The blue & white world map, uses a red dot on the map to indicate the location of the selected time zone.
If you are a global traveller then, you are surely used to the worlds airport codes, the watch, displays airport codes at 12 o’clock, and on the case back you can find the out which city the codes belongs to.
Watchmaker Johannes Jahnke, which is the man behind of the C900 Single Pusher Chronograph, has developed the Calibre JJ03, which is based on an ETA 2893 base movement with a complication that, has re-designed gearing system to enable both the ‘local’ hand and the GMT hand to rotate at the same speed. The two hands use the same 24-hour, makes the dial very easy to read.
Overall, this is a watch that you will find usbale wearing in all over the world.
I could definitely wear this on my wrist!
- Bespoke (patent pending) modification to an ETA 2893 automatic byJohannes Jahnke – Calibre JJ03
- 40 hour power reserve
- Dual 24 hour time indication and continuous seconds operated through central crown function
- Unique airport code time-zone indicator at 12 O’clock directly integrated with location indicators on the dial
- Personally assembled by master watchmaker, Johannes Jahnke and his team in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland
- Hand-finished, surgical grade, stainless steel case and crown
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- 3D textured world map dial with 24 time-zone location indicators
- 24 hour night and day indication
- Screw-down transparent case back with 24 timezone & location index
- Unique engraved serial number
- Premium Louisiana alligator strap with Bader deployment
- Personalised certificate of authenticity signed by Johannes Jahnke
- Luxury presentation case and owner’s handbook
- Diameter: 43mm
- Calibre: JJ03 (patent pending), automatic, highly modified from ETA 2893
- Vibrations: 28,800 vph
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Water resistance: 5 atm/50 metres
- Strap: CITES certified, premium Louisana alligator deployment strap
- Dial: Blue-Silver
To find out more information click here.