Spirit MK II DLC
Speake-Marin is proud to announce the arrival of a new collection based upon the iconic timepiece, Spirit.
Soberly named “Spirit”, this daring new collection demonstrates Speake-Marin’s will to further explore its own history and DNA. Succeeding its predecessor, the military inspired collection paves the way for new aesthetics and designs taking Speake-Marin into a new era.
A little history
Long before founding his own brand in 2002, English master watchmaker Peter Speake-Marin acquired a solid foundation in watchmaking in the world of restoration of antique timepieces in Piccadilly, London. One fine day, a considerably worn military wristwatch from the late 30’s was to cross Peter’s path. This enchanted encounter between high-class British savoir-faire and pure “form and function” eventually gave birth, a decade later, to the Spirit Pioneer: a subtle blend of true horological values and utilitarian design.
Introducing the Spirit Mk II DLC
A raw Spirit.
Today, Speake-Marin introduces a new addition to the Spirit collection: The Spirit Mk II DLC. Dressed in a magnificent and contrasting matt black coating, The Spirit Mk II DLC’s robes are a contrast to the white enamel, found in other collections and explores the darker side of Speake-Marin’s DNA. The spirit of adventure that led its creator to its original design, finally appeared in the guise of a time measuring instrument with bold charisma.
True to its name, the Spirit Mark II DLC retains the Pioneer’s rousing – and resonant – call to action through the inspirational motto “Fight, Love & Persevere” engraved on the case-back.
A complex three-dimensional dial
The Spirit Mark II DLC’s three-dimensional, one-piece dial features refined numerals and hour markers in white Super-LumiNova that contrasts superbly against the light-absorbing matt black finished case. The resulting indications are eminently legible and present a fresh new level of sophistication.
The resine dial is as demanding to produce as an enamel dial, involving a cutting-edge technique. The first step is to create a three-dimensional mould of the multi-level dial elements including hour and minute markers, numerals, railroad chapter ring, Speake-Marin logo and topping-tool motif, as well as the Spirit title.
This mould is used to make a negative mould in which lacquer and Super-LumiNova masks are successively applied, ensuring the right materials and colours are in the correct places. When set, the one-piece dial face is removed from the mould and bonded to a traditional dial plate.
The powerful TT738 Caliber
The Spirit Mark 2 DLC retains an exceptional power reserve – five days – thanks to the use of a unidirectional, automatic-winding movement and the addition of a second barrel.
New case and bezel
The dial of the Spirit Mark 2 DLC is beautifully framed by a hand finished circular grained bezel. This finishing enhances the casual, contemporary style for which the Spirit has become known, as does the slim 42mm sandblasted stainless steel case and coated with anthracite DLC. The case-back is solid and slightly domed – a combination that provides considerable strength and protection for the movement within.
An inspirational message
On the case-back, the centrally engraved Speake-Marin ‘topping tool’ motif catches the eye. However, it is the engraved inspirational rallying cry – “Fight, Love & Persevere” – that steals the attention, upholds the Spirit Collection’s name and confirms its credentials as the perfect talisman.
Features and Indications:
- High-legibility, three-dimensional one-piece dial
- Central hours, minutes and seconds
- Case-back engraved motto “Fight, Love and Persevere”
- Automatic movement with five-day power reserve
Dial and Hands:
- Numerals, hour and minute markers, railroad chapter ring, Speake-Marin name, topping tool motif and Spirit title all in white Super-LumiNova moulded as part of one-piece dial with matt black base
- Foundation central hour and minute hands coated with black PVD, hand-filled with white Super-LumiNova
- PVD coated central second hand, with Super-LumiNova painted tip
- Calibre TT738
- Unidirectional automatic-winding mechanical movement
- Dimensions: 30.40mm x 4.35mm
- Power reserve: 120 hours
- Jewels: 35
- Twin barrels
- Frequency: 28,800vph / 4Hz
Case and strap:
- Piccadilly three-piece case
- Diameter: 42mm
- Height: 12mm
- Material: Sandblasted stainless steel coated with matt black DLC
- Water resistance: 3 atm/30m/100’
- Front sapphire crystal treated with multi-layer anti-reflective coatings
- Domed compression case back with central Speake-Marin topping-tool engraving
- “Speake-Marin” engraved on case-back above topping-tool motif
- “Fight, Love & Persevere” motto engraved on the case back below topping-tool motif
- Black calf leather strap « ingrassato » with contrasting white stitching and DLC coated stainless steel tang buckle
Technical specifications may be changed without notice