By Osheen Arakelian
Oris is pleased to present the Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition, launched to celebrate the partnership between Oris and Audi Sport. Oris is the Official Watch Partner of the Audi Sport teams taking part in both the FIA World Endurance Championships (WEC) and German Touring Car Championship (DTM), and was part of the Audi Sport Le Mans 24 Hours winning team in June 2014.
Originally made famous by those crazy cats at Oris who developed the innovative retrograde small seconds function at 9 o’clock, the Oris Artix GT series timepieces from Oris have been growing in size and popularity since their introduction all those years ago. The new addition to the range is no exception and with Audi on board, what could possibly go wrong. The styling has been tailored to resemble the dashboard of the various Audi road cars with the same unique colours utilized for the overall finish of the piece. The signature silver colour used by Audi is also evident on the dial with a matte silver finish providing a nice contrast between the matte and polished elements of the case and dial.
The case measures 44mm in size and is finished in titanium with the bi-directional bezel constructed and finished in tungsten. These materials were used in order to keep the timepiece light yet strong while still maintaining that Audi feel throughout. Another unique feature is the ‘good grip’ rubber insert that has been utilized around the outer edge of the bezel providing the wearer with extra grip while rotating the bezel.
Underneath lies the Oris automatic Calibre 774 mechanical movement with hours, seconds, minutes, date and chronograph functionality just in case you decide to go track racing or enjoy the look and feel of a chronograph function on your timepieces. A display caseback lets you admire the movement in the metal with the iconic red winding rotor of Oris.
Limited to just 2,000 pieces and a great addition to Oris’s Artix GT range.
For more info, please visit oris.ch
- Oris automatic mechanical movement 774, based on SW500, with
- Chronograph function and date
- Multi-piece titanium case
- Bi-rotating tungsten bezel with minute scale and rubber coated ‘good grip’ insert on the outside edge
- Two-piece matt silver dial; minute and hour counters; applied numerals filled with Super-LumiNova; dial ring with tachymeter scale directly assembled to the case
- Special retrograde small seconds display at 9 o’clock developed by Oris
- Polished nickel hour and minute hands with Super-LumiNova inlay; central seconds and sub-dial counter hands in red
- Sapphire crystal domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating inside
- Titanium screw-down case back see-through mineral glass
- Screw-in stainless steel crown and stainless steel pushers
- Water-resistant to 10 bar/100m
- Black perforated leather racing strap with titanium folding clasp
Osheen Arakelian – Contributing Editor
Drawing on a lifelong love of horology and a more recent introduction to appreciation of fine whisky, Osheen brought the two together with watch & whisky. He is proprietor of the site, which covers everything related to watches and whisky. In between completing a degree in commercial law and supporting a rich social life, he is out and about attending all the latest watch and whisky events Sydney has to offer. His passion has also taken him around Australia attending a number of events and he hopes to continue his career in the watch industry on a more serious level after he graduates. Read his articles here.