Carrera Calibre 16 Monaco Grand Prix, Monaco Calibre 12 ACM and Monaco 24 Calibre 36.
TAG HEUER & MONACO: the watch brand and the Automobile Club de Monaco push their partnership to the next level
Every motor racing world champion from Juan Manuel Fangio to Jenson Button has been part of the TAG Heuer legend. So has almost every race in the sport, but none more so than the mythic Monaco Grand Prix, the most prestigious of them all.
The role TAG Heuer plays in Monaco is unparalleled in the Swiss watchmaking world. It has sponsored more first-place Monaco drivers than any brand in history. TAG Heuer ambassadors who have crossed the checkered flag first at Monaco include Niki Lauda, Jody Scheckter, Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna, Mika Häkkinen, David Coulthard, Kimi Räikkönen, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton.
In 2011, TAG Heuer and the Automobile Club de Monaco signed a historic agreement making the Swiss brand the ACM’s Official Watch and Chronograph and Eyewear Partner of its most glamorous event: the Grand Prix of Monaco.
TAG HEUER & MONACO 2013: OUT FRONT, SETTING THE PACE
The newest in the TAG Heuer racing stable–the Carrera Calibre 16 Monaco Grand Prix, the Monaco Calibre 12 ACM and the Monaco 24 Calibre 36, continue the legacy, pushing it even further.
CARRERA CALIBRE 16 CHRONOGRAPH DAY-DATE – 43MM GRAND PRIX DE MONACO LIMITED EDITION
The one and only CARRERA, the first sports chronograph designed for professional drivers and sports-car enthusiasts, is the standard-bearer of TAG Heuer’s unrivaled motorsports heritage. Created by Jack Heuer in 1963 and named after the dangerously grueling “Carrera Panamericana Mexico Road Race”, it was standard issue for Ferrari drivers. In 1970, every member of the ‘scuderia’ — Jackie Ickx, Clay Regazzoni, Mario Andretti, Carlos Reutemann and Jody Scheckter — wore a solid gold Carrera engraved with his name and blood type. Since, It has been worn by every TAG Heuer driving great: Alain Prost, David Coulthard, Kimi Räikkönen, Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button…
This newest addition to the CARRERA legend is standard issue for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes drivers and pays tribute to the most grueling and dangerous race in contemporary racing– the MONACO GRAND PRIX. The words are lettered in red on its bezel and tachymetre scale, and the race’s logo is engraved on the sapphire caseback, along with the edition number (x/4,000). The black rubber strap is embossed with a unique tire design inspired by the F1 tires of 1963. The wide-open dial is anthracite gray with hand-applied indexes outlined in black luminescence and three counters— chronograph minute at 12, chronograph hour at 6, running second at 9. Fire red touches on the hands and pushbutton dynamize the design, which is classic racing chronograph and cutting-edge Swiss avant-garde.
MONACO CALIBRE 12 CHRONOGRAPH // 39MM AUTOMOBILE CLUB DE MONACO BLACK EDITION
The iconic square-shaped case first seen on Steve McQueen’s wrist in Le Mans is here revamped in F1-grade black titanium carbide, with white luminescent markers on the facetted minute and hour hands. The logo of TAG Heuer Monaco partner ACM adorns the smoked sapphire crystal caseback, while the all-black dial is highlighted by MONACO lettering above the TAG Heuer logo at 12 and a flash of orange on the tip of the chronograph second hand.
The black leather strap is perforated, like a race car steering wheel cover, and lined with orange. The case is polished and fine-brushed, as are the steel pushbutton. The first black MONACO since 1974, this is the sexiest watch on the circuit.
MONACO TWENTY FOUR CALIBRE 36 CHRONOGRAPH // 40.5MM
The oversized number 24 at 12 o’clock on the two-part, see-through dial in black opaline is a nod to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the most famous endurance race in the world. Inside the steel case, a Calibre 36 movement runs at the stunning speed of 36,000 vibrations (corresponding to a frequency of 5 Hertz). The COSC-certified TAG Heuer movement’s unique annular oscillating mass is visible through the wide sapphire crystal caseback.
An “Advanced Dynamic Absorber System” protects the movement by suspending it inside the case with 4 shock-absorbing arms. The manifold arms, also visible through the crystal caseback, collect vibrations and direct them away from the movement and into the composite filter, which absorbs and dissipates their energy. The award-winning construction, tubular design and extreme shock-protected components are directly inspired by Formula One race-car technology. High tech, super-tough and Monaco-chic, with serious Steve McQueen-worthy flair.
CARRERA – Calibre 16 – Chronograph Day-Date – Monaco Grand Prix Ltd Ed (43mm)
Limited Edition – 4’000 pieces – (Engraved and Numbered)
Movement TAG Heuer Calibre 16– Automatic Chronograph – Day – Date
• Anthracite dial with sunray effect and 3 counters:
o chronograph minute at 12 o’clock
o chronograph hour at 6 o’clock
o running second at 9 o’clock
• Hand-applied indexes with black luminescent line
• Polished hour and minute hands with black luminescent markers
• Red chronograph hands
• Polished running second hand
• Hand-applied TAG Heuer logo
• “CARRERA – SWISS MADE” lettering on the dial
• Large day-date window at 3 o’clock
• Case diameter: 43mm
• Polished steel case
• Scratch-resistant curved sapphire crystal with double anti-reflective treatment
• Red “MONACO GRAND PRIX” lettering on the bezel & tachymetre scale
• Sapphire case back with Specific Monaco Grand Prix logo and Limited Edition XXXX / 4’000
• Water resistance: 100 m
• 5-row alternate fine-brushed and polished steel bracelet
• Black rubber strap with embossed “Tire design”
• Steel folding clasp with safety push buttons
MONACO – Calibre 12 – Chronograph (39mm) Automobile Club de Monaco – BLACK EDITION
Movement TAG HEUER Calibre 12 – Date
• Black dial
• Black sub-counters
• Hand-applied, diamonded rhodium-plated indexes
• Diamonded minute and hour hands with white luminescent markers
• Rhodium chronograph second hand with orange tip
• Printed TAGHeuer logo + “MONACO” at 12 o’clock
• Angled date window with at 6 o’clock
• Case diameter : 39 mm
• Titanium Carbide coated case, with fine-brushed and polished finishings
• Sapphire crystal glass
• Polished steel crown at 3 o’clock
• Polished and fine-brushed steel push buttons, with Titanium carbide coated protectors
• Transparent smoked Sapphire case back with ACM logo
• Water resistance: 100 meters
• Black perforated leather strap with orange “sahara” lining
• Steel folding buckle with safety pushbuttons
MONACO – Twenty Four – Calibre 36 – Chronograph (40.5mm) Black dial
• TAG Heuer Calibre 36, beating at 36’000 beats/hour
• Advanced Dynamic Absorber system protecting the movement
• Annular oscillating mass visible through the sapphire crystal caseback
• COSC certified
• Opalin black dial, bearing an oversized polished « 24″ (sticker) at 12 o’clock, in honour of the 24 of Le Mans
• Two black semi sub-counters at 3 and 9 o’clock indicating respectively the chronograph minute and the small second
• Unique two-part see-through dial
• Faceted polished rhodium-plated minute and hour hands, with luminescent markers
• Rhodium plated chronograph second hand
• White lacquer and rhodium plated sub counter hands
• Luminescent markers on the minuterie
• “MONACO” + “CALIBRE 36” + “SWISS MADE” white lettering on the dial
• Date window at 6 o’clock
• TAG Heuer logo at 12 o’clock
• Case diameter: 40.5mm
• Fine-brushed and polished case
• Beveled sapphire crystal glass
• Sapphire case back and “MONACO Twenty Four” inscription
• Polished stainless steel crown with black line at 3 o’clock
• Polished stainless steel push buttons and protectors
• Water resistance: 100 meters
• Black alligator strap with black stitching, and black “sahara” lining
• Steel folding buckle with safety pushbuttons